Older version of the Mac OS require you to make a visit to Apple’s development site and download a JDK, but if you have Lion then you simply need to choose the proper download from the Eclipse Site. I used Eclipse Classic 3.7.2.
- Visit the Eclipse Download Site and grab Eclipse Classic.
- It comes as a tar.gz file. Expand it an place it in you Applications directory.
- Double-click on the Eclipse Application.
- “Preferences | Install/Update | Available Software Sites” and choose “Add”
- Enter the location of your http://10.1.1.101/eclipse/update and give it a name like “VMWare VM Studio”
- Click the “Reload” button. If your new site is properly setup it should come back error free and you can close that dialog.
- Click “Help | Install New Software…” and use the drop down to select your new site.
- Use the triangle to explore the available software, choose “VMWare Studio Plugin for Eclipse” and select the “Next” button.
- After working out all the dependencies, the installer will require you to accept a licensing agreement. Click “Finish” when done.
- Select “Window | Show View | Other” and locate your VMware Studio Explorer. Select it and click okay.
- You will have to restart Eclipse.
Once it comes back you will have a new explorer tab and a fine place to administer the VMware Studio from.